The team of scientists and experts at MedPharm Research are formulating the future of cannabis by performing groundbreaking research in cannabis therapeutics.
Working with top-of-the-line cultivars from our in-house, Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) certified facility, MedPharm’s team of scientists and experts is uniquely positioned to perform groundbreaking research in cannabis therapeutics. MedPharm’s team includes chemists, PhD’s in medicinal and natural products chemistry, pharmaceutical scientists, compounding pharmacists, analytical chemists, biologists, cannabis cultivation experts, and formulation development experts. MedPharm can create any dosage form with any desired combination of cannabinoids in our Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) certified facility. Due to unique licenses in State of Colorado, MedPharm can provide study medications, placebos, and support for Randomized-Controlled Trials (RCTs) and more.
- All products at MedPharm are formulated to specific dosage forms for drugs to be effectively delivered to patients
- Quick turn-around for formulations customized to your specifications for your research studies.
- Our formulation development teams offer design and optimization of formulations based on research needs for oral tablets, capsules, powders, solutions, suspensions, topical creams and ointments, gels and solutions, and injections for intravenous (IV), intramuscular (IM), or subcutaneous (SC) administration. In addition, various complex drug delivery systems have been developed for transdermal, sublingual, pulmonary, and intranasal deliveries
- Formulation development to determine the optimal dosage form, composition and manufacturing route is a fundamental part of MedPharm’s product development
- High purity cannabis distillate with a total cannabinoid content of 90 – 99 % is the basis for all of our formulations
- MedPharm’s expertise helps accelerate project and clinical trial timelines and includes pre-formulation, excipient-API compatibility assessment and optimization, physicochemical testing, formulation screening, lab scale formulation and accelerated stability studies to achieve the desired characteristics.
- In-house analytical laboratory for advanced formulation support, end product quality assurance, and stability studies
- Research equipment includes: HPLC-DAD-MS, GC-MS and FID, BSL II Biological Safety Cabinet, incubators, homogenizers, fume hood, centrifuge, microscope, ISO Clean Room, and more.
- Formulation of unique, medical cannabis preparations – for your specific needs
- Dosage Form Consultation
- Consulting Services for facility design, cannabis extraction, cannabis extract purification, cannabinoid separation, and formulation
Medpharm’s Alzheimer’s & Dementia Cannabis Research Study
The First randomized Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial
Hypothesis : Proper dosing of cannabis medicine will lead to symptomatic improvements in dementia patients
Why study Alzheimer’s and Dementia?
- 1 in 3 seniors die with some form of Dementia.
- Alzheimer’s is the most common form of Dementia and is the 6th leading cause of death in the US.
- Currently, over 46 million people worldwide have Alzheimer’s disease, projected to increase to 131 million by 2050.
- Symptoms can start up to 20 years after the onset of the disease, making prevention and early detection essential.
- Current worldwide costs: $818 billion dollars per year.
- There is no known cure for dementia and current support therapies are of limited benefit.
Symptoms include: memory loss, personality changes, behavioral problems, mood changes, difficulty solving problems and performing tasks, sleep disturbances.
More about the Study
- Small Group Pilot Study (initially 30 patients).
- World class research partners including: neurologist MD, neuro-inflammatory blood biomarker analysis company, and brain scan company.
- The first randomized placebo-controlled clinical trial to use and dispense purposefully formulated cannabis-derived medicines.
- Conducted by MedPharm to attempt to correlate symptomatic improvements with physiological benefits.